There are many healthy activities that you can do with your dog to keep both you and your furry friend active and happy. Both canines and humans are looking for a little weight loss, and as Pledge To Fitness® personal trainers that love dogs we’re here to help. Some of the best options to stay fit with your fur-baby include:
- Going for a walk or a jog: This is perhaps the most obvious and simplest activity, but it’s also one of the best. Going for a walk or a jog with your dog will provide both of you with some much-needed exercise and fresh air. Plus, it’s a great way to bond with your dog, spend some quality time together, and any personal trainer worth their salt would suggest some interval training!
- Playing fetch: This is a classic game that most dogs love, and it’s a great way to get both you and your dog moving. All you need is a ball or a frisbee, and you can play fetch in your backyard, at a local park, or even at the beach. Sustainable weight loss is often achieved when you consistently include fun physical activities and games.
- Going to the dog park: If your dog is social and enjoys interacting with other dogs, then taking them to the dog park can be a great way to get some exercise and let them burn off some energy. Just make sure to supervise your dog at all times and keep them on a leash if necessary.
- Going for a swim: If your dog enjoys water and is a strong swimmer, then going for a swim can be a great way to get some exercise and have some fun. You can take them to a local dog-friendly beach, a pond, or even a pool (if it’s safe for dogs to swim in). Just make sure to supervise them at all times and provide them with a life jacket if necessary. Don’t forget you don’t have to be a star swimmer to perform interval training yourself at a local or personal pool!
- Doing some agility training: Agility training is a fun and challenging activity that can help improve your dog’s physical and mental fitness. It involves a series of obstacles that your dog must navigate, such as tunnels, hurdles, and ramps. You can enroll your dog in agility classes, or set up a DIY agility course in your backyard. This will provide you as well as your dog with a welcome opportunity to engage in some aerobic training!
Overall, the key to staying healthy with your dog is to find activities that both of you enjoy and that provide a good workout. By incorporating some of these activities into your routine, you can help keep your dog happy and healthy, and improve your own physical and mental health as well.
Finding fun physical activities to do on a daily basis goes a long way to sustainable fitness into the future. Let us build a program designed to challenge you and have fun while on the way to your goals. We are here to talk to you, push you through your workouts, and keep you moving!
Our personal trainers meet you at your level of fitness – and build you up from there! They will challenge you and push you further than you would go yourself, or even with the help of your family or friends. Making this commitment can help you to stay accountable, maintain motivation and reach your fitness goals. Let us build a program designed to challenge you and have fun while on the way to your goals. We are here to talk to you, push you through your workouts, and keep you moving! Isn’t it time to invest in yourself? Book Now to schedule your complimentary Assessment + Workout + Stretch